Welcome to Aurora’s High School!
Our secondary curriculum is tailored to meet the needs of young people in today’s complex world and offers:
- Academic rigour and ethic of excellence
- A focus on outdoor education and adventure
- An arts-enriched curriculum
- Inquiry-based learning tailored to students’ individual strengths
- Unique opportunities for community engagement and leadership development.
As our primary school has grown over the past years, there’s been increasing demand for Steiner education through to Year 12 right here in the Highlands. The year 2020 saw the opening of our first high school class, and we are delighted to have a group of kind and capable young people as our pioneering cohort.
In 2021, Aurora Steiner High School is offering Years 7- 9, and we will be extending year by year, with our eldest students graduating in 2024.
Aurora Southern Highlands Steiner School is a candidate school* for the Diploma Programme. This school is pursuing authorization as an IB World School. IB World Schools share a common philosophy- a commitment to high-quality, challenging, international education- that we believe is important for our students.
* Only schools authorized by the IB Organization can offer any of its four academic programmes: the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP), the Diploma Programme (DP), or the Career-related Programme (CP). Candidate status gives no guarantee that authorization will be granted.
For further information about the IB and its programmes visit http://www.ibo.org.
If you want to find out more, download our High School Prospectus or the latest Aurora High News update below.